League City Spine & Sports Medicine
What is dry needling?
Dry needling is a form of treatment that involves placing needles into specific muscles, tendons and fascial points to create a direct physiological response. It can be effective in treating a multitude of different conditions by activating the body’s natural inflammatory healing process as well as stimulating the nervous system. Muscle Stimulation can also be added to the needles which helps to activate underutilized muscles, or fatigue muscles in spasm. Each of our chiropractors has gone through have completed courses through Structure and Function to ensure that the treatment is as safe and effective as possible.
Benefits of Dry Needling
- Increased rate of healing in patients with acute injuries
- Stimulation of healing in patients with chronic injuries
- Decreased muscle spasm
- Increased range of motion
- Reduction in referred or radiating symptoms
What can be treated with Dry Needling?
- Soft tissue injuries (e.g., sprains, strains)
- Chronic pain
- Radicular/referred symptoms
- Bony contusions
- And more!
Our providers perform an extensive history and exam prior to treatment, including dry needling, to ensure all treatment is safe.